Statamic is a dynamic flat-file content management system. Here are seven things I like about it.
It’s fast & easy to to install. Install Statamic by uploading its files via FTP or deploying them via version control (e.g. Git).
It’s even faster & easier to update. Update Statamic by replacing two folders.
Database not required.
- One less thing to manage & backup
- Your content lives in flat files & not in a database
- Statamic’s settings also live in a flat file instead of a database
- Because of the above, you can version control your content & Statamic itself
Control panel optional.
- Publish content via a user-friendly & mobile-ready control panel, or
- Make your favourite text editor your web publishing app. Write in Markdown syntax & publish to your Statamic-powered site
Control your markup.
- You have full control over your markup
- Statamic doesn’t generate any HTML tags or CSS styles for you
Multiple environments. Development, staging, production? Easily set up multiple environments.
- The cost of a Statamic license includes developer support
- There’s also a friendly & helpful Google+ communit
Thoughts? @reply to me on Twitter.